In less than 2 weeks time, we will be celebrating the once in a year celebration for Chinese Community. I always made an effort to go back to my hometown at least once in a year, and that 'once' is usually during Chinese New Year, coz that is the year when all families, relatives and sometimes friends will be back to hometown, and it will be the good time to meet them up and catch up with them.
Of course, there are something that not good about going back to hometown ; it always gave me the feeling of not wanting to go back to work. Haha
Anyway, this year is the year of Rattatouille. The year that am anticipating for more challenges to happen for me and my life time. Hmm....let's see.. What I'm really looking forward is to see
LION DANCE DANCING WITH 'TONG TONG CHIANG' NOISE
Yeah, I just love seeing them coming into our house, give them the ang pao, and then receiving their 'blessing' and 'luck' then see them off they go. But I would even prefer to see Lion Dance during Open House, of which I will be attending my ex-colleague's open house.
ANG PAO!! ANG PAO!! ANG PAO!!
Despite that I'm a working adult, I just gonna work lot more harder just to collect more ang pao to cover my homecoming expenses. Haha..
FOODS!!!!
I just had enough with outside foods. Let me have some home cook meals, will ya?
HOME!!!
There is no place like home.
But of all the events, there's only one thing that I'm really looking forward.
CELEBRATION WITH YOUR LOVE ONES; FAMILY.
It is a priceless experience to celebrate with. That's right, they are the only people who love you more than others, that whatever happen, they are still there to give moral support.
Being away from them in a year time sometimes make me miss them very much. So, while I'm back in hometown, I'm going to make full use of my time to do whatever I want.
..... .... ....... ............... ...... .. .............. .. .................. ................
Now the next thing that I'm not really looking forward is having aunties and uncles that will going to tell me like this when they see me:-
"Wahh.....Last time when you are young ah..you so small..so naughty some more, run here run there until your mummy tired chasing after you. Now...wahh..so big liao lor..so handsome. So fit already. *bla bla bla*. "
"How come you slim down a lot ah. I prefer your last time look ler. Now you macam tak cukup makan. But at least this time better lar.....*bla bla bla*"
And here comes the worse part :-
"Still single ah? Why don't get one girlfriend for yourself. I think it's time for you to get one already"
"So, when are you going to get married ah"
Scary, isn't it?
Meanwhile..I only have less than a week time to prepare whatever things I have now in KL before I fly back to my hometown. Colleagues already asking me to bring over some 'exciting' stuff from my hometown of which I have hell no idea what the heck is that.
A.D
P/s : For your information; None of my hometown family, friends and relatives know about my status, therefore this has to be extremely discreet.

2 comments:
I'm going to celebrate Chinese New Year too with my asian friends even tho I'm just a white guy :)
It's not quite the same in the snow, however!
paul - at least you still have celebration rather than no celebration at all. How are you guys going to have the celebration at your country?
Post a Comment